This year was rough. Not for me, but the world at large. I hope the next will be less so. But it got me thinking about ways I'd like to improve my life this year. I titled this post "New Year's Resolution 2017" because I think it might be worth starting a tradition. Here we go, in no particular order.
- Spend ten minuets a day learning to meditate. I really like the Headspace app, but I haven't been making the time to use it.
- Read my CCNA study guide for at least ten minutes every day. More about that in in a later post.
- Stop eating in bed. When I'm at home, I'm usually in my bed. I think I'd be happier using my table as a table and my desk as a desk, and the need arise.
- Prioritize sleep. I'm often dragging because I didn't get proper sleep. Maybe I didn't go to be early enough. Often times I did, but didn't sleep well because it's a particularly bright day, or because the little girls I live next to were playing loudly. I bought myself earplugs and a sleeping mask, and I plan to get in the habit of using them.
- Eat out less. I do it because I'm lazy. I've been successful at making the couple of things I tried. I could have better and cheaper food if I put in a little effort.
- Be cleaner. I spent an hour sprucing up earlier this week. If I did this every week, I'd live in a presentable place.
- Fix up my credit. I don't just mean I should pay off my credit card. I should. But I also need to fix a couple of errors, and try not to encourage any more.
I plan to move very close to my work within a few months, with a roommate. That extra time should help with 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6. And there has actually been talk about looking into a maid. It shouldn't be very expensive for two people in a small apartment.
The last day of this year is a day for me to post. Expect a new list by then, and a review of how well I did this time.