- They let me escape the hubbub going on around me.
- They work like earmuffs.
- I do need 'a' pair of headphones, if not a good pair of headphones.
- They can even help me avoid some interaction with other travelers when I'm not in the mood for conversation. (like on my way to work)
I found all of that in this pair for $20.
Panasonic RP-HTX7 Stereo Headphones (Black)
- They adjust to a wide range of head sizes.
- The ear cups are fairly cushy.
- They have a decent cord, which is only on one side.
- At $20, I don't need to worry about a detachable cord in case the original breaks.
- I even like the style.
You couldn't ask for more for $20. Unfortunately, I forgot I can't stand the economy level of sound quality. It wore on me, so I bought these.
They're entry level as far as audiophile head phones go, but I was able to get a "like new" pair for $100.
Audio Technica ATHM50RD Pro DJ Headphones - Red
- They're made of more sturdy materials.
- For this price, I would really like a replaceable cable.
- The sound is much better than the first pair, but still not as good as a $300 pair. (which is to be expected)
- They do fold into two very nice positions for travel.
- I think they're even more stylish, if a little too flashy.